CO-OP 3: The PF Flyers Mercury All American
***This product was only available for purchase via email raffle, which has now ended and winners have been notified. Thank you to all who participated.***
The Mercury All American is the third release in the Heddels CO-OP line. We partnered with historic footwear brand PF Flyers to produce a sneaker that commemorates the 60th anniversary of PF's involvement in Project Mercury, NASA's first manned space program.
We've reproduced the PF Flyer All American silhouette as worn by the Mercury 7 astronauts in the spec materials used on the original spacesuit and space capsule. The high top sneaker features an aluminized nylon nomex upper, which is heat resistant to 3000°F*, nickel-alloy eyelets like the material used on the Mercury space capsule, a hi-visibility orange lining, a heel pull-tab, and paracord laces.
Shoes will come with a parachute fabric shoe bag, informational pamphlet, and ship in a wooden crate (Phillips-head screwdriver required to open). Only 21 pairs were produced (the same number of spacesuits NASA commissioned from BF Goodrich) and were available via email raffle. This product is now out of stock and will not be reproduced.
Read the full creation and development story here.
- Available in sizes 9.5, 10, 11, and 12 (*these are the only sizes produced*)
- 13oz. heat resistant aluminized nomex upper from Newtex of New York
- Nickel-alloy eyelets
- Paracord laces
- Hi-visibility orange lining
- Limited and numbered run of 21 pairs
- Arrives in wooden shipping crate and ripstop nylon drawstring shoe bag
- Informational pamphlet included
- Shoes made in China, crate and shoe bag made in USA
*Other materials on the shoe are not heat resistant, do not expose shoes to extreme heat.